Wednesday, December 3, 2008

MySpace Music comment postings





You like a band on MySpace Music. You want to let them know how you feel. You feel like posting a comment on the band's MySpace page. But -- what can you say? Say something specific, memorable, different from all the "thanks for the Add" and "you guys really rock" remarks.

Specific songs you love.

Specific shows you attended.

Specific CDs you own.

Specific aspects of the band that you admire: lyrics, voice, instrumentation, attitude, melodies, innovation, weirdness, tranquility, fashion, etc.

Here are some examples of comments that I, as a musician myself, consider to be excellant input. Try to enrich a blog with relevant, interesting content via your comments, and others may return the favor on your own blog.


MySpace Music Comment Postings:



(1) Neutral Milk Hotel


Jun 24 2008 10:41 AM


I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH RIGHT NOW

the most amazing thing happened to me because of you.

I went to a taping of the Colbert Report, because I love Stephen Colbert. During the commercial breaks between the taping sections, music is played over the speakers in the Studio.

The Song "Holland 1945" began to play and I immediately jumped because I love that song, and Stephen, who was sitting at his desk started singing along to the song while scanning the audience to see if anyone else was singing along.

And guess who the only one else in the audience was mouthing along every word... thats right, yours truly. he saw me and pointed at me and we were singing your amazing song together. It was the best moment ever.... so thank you, you guys are absolutely amazing.

:D

Aria






(2) Luciano Berio


Jul 17 2008 11:10 PM


It's an honor to be added to Luciano Berio's myspace page, his music has been a big influence of mine.

Troy Lennerd






(3)The Hair PUddle



Nov 16 2007 6:11 AM

Nice Music and nice collage also!
I like the echo/chorus mix in your music-
:)

nnnaaammm







(4) Swirlies


Apr 6 2008 9:09 AM


in 93, i was in this record shop(taang) out in san diego. i saw an album with the band named swirlies on it. it was instant joy to my ears. so... five years later, life, love and the pursuit of happiness landed me in the boston area. i finally got to see you guys at the middle east. it was a long time coming. i should have bought a t shirt at the show. anyway all i wanted to say is that your albums are all great works of genius.

sincerely, a hardcore swirlies fan

javan turner







(5) Cindytalk



Oct 13 2008 7:50 AM


Thank you for an amazing evening. After 20+ years of your music inhabiting my life via vinyl and CD, it was fabulous to finally see Cindytalk right there in front of me, and to have your incredible voice rendered actual at last.

...the spell is broken, the magic remains...


Noise is a Friend







(6) Metalux


Oct 24 2007 3:31 PM



hello

so, you see, i slammed the needle on 'victim of space' lp the other day and started improvising dance movements to 'shipwreck' which is such an incredible track. I was quite impressed with my own static improv that i'm gonna set some choreography to it and hopefully use it in a sort of show in london or summit...?

anyway, thanks for creating such amazing music

I love Metalux! i hope you can come over to the UK soon and do some shows

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx








(7) Saint John and the Revelations


Nov 20 2008 1:05 PM

Hello there!!!

I have been sitting here, enjoying your music....again.....and thought I would let you know, I have passed you on to Awesome Radio, in order to spread your talent around.

Beautiful music, that inspires!!!

Winkz






(8) Bernard Parmegiani

Nov 23 2008 9:53 AM

Monsieur Parmegiani. you have my sincere respect for your artistic vision and, in particular, for your persistence, for your determination to pursue your vision, regardless of philosophies and aesthetic trends.


Glen Hall






(9) Tortoise


Nov 27 2008 1:17 AM

I still remember the show at Clinton St. Theater in Portland, Oregon with you guys and Five Style as one of the events that changed my life musically. A friend just asked me tonight out of nowhere if you are working on anything new. John, miss you from Gumby's in Hunt.,WV. way back with Poster Children! I'm really reminiscing here. Someone reach me a tissue, please! Thank you for choosing to make music.

That's all, done.

Sean Richardson & Karen Allen are

TOFUJITSU!








NEGATIVE EXAMPLE:





Dec 1 2008 9:08 AM

YO EVERYONE

LISTEN TO MY MUSIC
LISTEN TO MY MUSIC
LISTEN TO MY MUSIC
LISTEN TO MY MUSIC
LISTEN TO MY MUSIC
LISTEN TO MY MUSIC

SUPPORT MY MUSIC, TELL YOUR FRIENDS, PASS IT AROUND...


ALSO

ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!!
ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!!
ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!!
ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!!
ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!!
ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!!
ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!!
ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!! ADD ME !!!


GUMBINO BABY





NOTE:

NEVER post a shitty comment like that.

It will cause the band and other comment posters to hate you and avoid you at all costs.

No comments: