Friday, October 4, 2013

greeting a customer who enters your store



When greeting a customer who enters your store, there are 3 basic ways to welcome the customer:

(1) UNCARING/PUSHY: "Hi. Can I help you find something?"

Translation: "I want to get you paired with a product then out of this store as quickly as possible."


(2) UNCARING/LETHARGIC: "How are you doing today? If you have any questions, or need anything, please let me know, okay? Have fun looking around."

Translation: "I'm not really interested in identifying and empathizing with your needs or interests. In fact, the only thing I'll respond to is a question or a request involving an immediate purchase. I'm tired of talking to you now, and bored, so I'm going to retreat back to my comfort zone."


(3) CARING/INVESTIGATIVE: "[OPTIONAL: Welcome to ______________. ] What brings you into the store today?"

Translation: "We're proud of our store. We also want to understand your immediate need, so we can share our expertise and guide you to the best product to solve your problem."

Pin It

No comments: