Monday, May 14, 2012

Bicycle Fever and Where to Buy It


(Photo above: William Ordaz, Performance Consultant with the International Society for Performance Improvement and President of Central Illinois Landmarks Foundation)

May is National Bike Month.

In 1990, I wrote a book for Charles Ruppman of Ruppman Marketing, called Bicycle Fever. It's about the evolution of bicycle technology and Peoria bicycle races from the 1890s to the 1990s.

My book Bicycle Fever is being sold at the gift shops of both Flanagan House and Pettengill-Morron House and at the Peoria Historical Society offices.

There are also copies at the Little Ades Bicycle Shop in Pekin, at Russell’s Cycling and fitness center in Washington, and at Spirit of the Past Antiques in Pekin.

http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/bikemonth/




Stacy Peterson (see photo above) of Peoria Public Library helps me promote my Bicycle Fever book. She arranged an interview with Gary Panetta of the Peoria Journal Star.




Gary Panetta (see photo above) interviewed me about the book recently. My photo and a photo of my Bicycle Fever book appeared in an article in the local paper yesterday.

Check out his Peoria Journal Star article on Peoria Public Library Local Authors Day at main downtown branch, coming up this Saturday, May 19 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.


Pin It

No comments: