"Biggest Mistakes Small Businesses Make" -- my latest Vaspers SEO & Advanced Technology Show podcast episode on BlogTalkRadio. (26:20) I explain 10 or 12 things that are killing small businesses, cancers that are eating them from the inside out.
(1) Not receptive to critique about what's making them fail.
(2) Not paying attention to market leaders, successful competitors and innovative colleagues.
(3) Not adequately assessing customer needs, complaints, problems, desires.
(4) Overspending on TV commercials.
(5) No competitive differentiation with compelling slogan.
(6) Impersonal, aloof, cold, generic.
(7) We-oriented website, instead of customer-centric.
(8) Poor customer service.
(9) Hiring family members -- and retaining them due to blood ties, not performance.
(10) Fantasy profits based on sloppy bookkeeping.
(11) Under-investing and improperly using social media marketing.
(12) Horrible SEO values resulting in poor showing in search results.