Friday, July 12, 2013

Bad Link Building Email Spam



Right after I post something on my blog about backlink building for SEO, within minutes, I get an SEO spam email. Google's Gmail platform didn't like it. Google added a warning bar on top of the email message from this obvious spammer.

QUOTE

This message may not have been sent by: karla.m.gonzalez03@gmail.com

Learn more

Report phishing

Hi Steven,

I work with Online College Classes, an education attainment resource dedicated to providing commentary and resources on the shift from traditional to online learning in today's educational landscape. We frequently cover topics in lifelong learning, using online courses as job training resources, and outline how MOOCs are changing how students learn in the 20th century.

We recently redesigned our website to better reflect our goals and and I wanted to personally invite you to take a look at our new online education resources, particularly the MOOC section.

I was looking through your site as I was doing research for Online College Classes and thought it might be interesting to you. It would be great if you'd link to our website if you think your readers would find it useful. Please let me know what you think.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Karla Gonzalez

END QUOTE

THERE IS NO LINK TO ANY WEBSITE -- this weird email is truly ignorant. They didn't even go to the trouble of defining MOOC.

"I was looking at your site" -- oh really? What's the name of my site? You can't even mention it by name, or cite any content on it that you liked?

This is a good example of WHAT NOT TO DO in link building. No link to their "redesigned website". No real connection to my true interests. No attempt to identify common areas of interest.

DELETE.


Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice I also share with you something hope this helpful for you my friends. The basic rule about writing high quality content is to always think of what the page you are creating is about and stay focused on the topic. Let’s say you are a hotelier and you are writing a page about one of your new services which your hotel will offer for example, a new online booking service. In this case you should stay as close to the topic of ‘online booking service’ as possible and concentrating your content on just that. Staying focused on the topic means, you do not start talking about how wonderful your hotel is and how it has wonderful views from the rooms in a thousand words and only mention the ‘online hotel booking service’ once or twice in content. Check it out thanks.
social signals